By J. B. Stump, Alan G. Padgett
A state-of-the-art survey of up to date idea on the intersection of technology and Christianity.
- Provides a state-of-the-art survey of the principal principles at play on the intersection of technology and Christianity via fifty four unique articles through world-leading students and emerging stars within the self-discipline
- Focuses on Christianity's interplay with technological know-how to supply a fine-grained research of matters resembling multiverse theories in cosmology, convergence in evolution, clever layout, usual theology, human realization, man made intelligence, unfastened will, miracles, and the Trinity, among many others
- Addresses significant ancient advancements within the dating among technology and Christianity, together with Christian patristics, the medical revolution, the reception of Darwin, and 20th century fundamentalism
- Divided into nine elements: ancient Episodes; technique; common Theology; Cosmology & Physics; Evolution; The Human Sciences; Christian Bioethics; Metaphysical Implications; The brain; Theology; and demanding Figures of the 20th Century
- Includes assorted views and broadens the dialog from the Anglocentric tradition
Read Online or Download The Blackwell Companion to Science and Christianity PDF
Similar Religious books
Rising from the thought-provoking discussions and correspondence Simone Weil had with the Reverend Father Perrin, this vintage selection of essays includes the well known thinker and social activist's such a lot profound meditations at the dating of human existence to the area of the transcendent. a permanent masterwork and "one of the main missed assets of our century" (Adrienne Rich), looking forward to God will proceed to steer non secular and political inspiration for hundreds of years to come back.
This new, thoroughly revised and up to date version areas specific emphasis on concerns that have lately turn into philosophically arguable. Brian Davies offers a severe exam of the elemental questions of faith and the ways that those questions were taken care of through such thinkers as Anselm, Aquinas, Descartes, Leibnitz, Hume, Kant, Karl Barth, and Wittgenstein.
The large Bang is a fable, says Paul Brockelman during this attention-grabbing examine the religious part of recent cosmology. however it is a fantasy within the most sensible sense--a absolutely learned production tale, person who, for all its clinical origins, has the ability to rework us spiritually. In Cosmology and production, thinker and non secular student Brockelman seeks to bridge the distance among the clinical and the non secular, to collect (as he places it) the top and the center.
Paul Helm provides a brand new, improved version of his a lot praised 1988 ebook everlasting God , which defends the view that God exists in undying eternity. this is often the classical Christian view of God, however it is alleged by way of many theologians and philosophers of faith to be incoherent. Paul Helm rebuts the cost of incoherence, arguing that divine timelessness is grounded within the concept of God as writer, and that this by myself makes attainable a formal account of divine omniscience.
Additional info for The Blackwell Companion to Science and Christianity