By Azhar Hamid
A functional consultant for strong sharī'ah governance of the Islamic banking industry
Debate out there at the volume of sharī'ah compliance of Islamic banks, their items, and actions has piqued stakeholders' curiosity. In Foundations of Sharī'ah Governance of Islamic Banks, Karim Ginena and Azhar Hamid discover the depths of sharī'ah governance to solve its mysterious dimensions, and equip teachers and practitioners with an excellent figuring out of the topic, which has turn into a significant problem and therefore merits devoted attention.
The authors make a powerful case for the necessity to comprise the sharī'ah threat that Islamic banks event, and current a compelling argument for a way this could be performed. Ginena and Hamid suggest a strong sharī'ah governance version that comprehensively tackles thisrisk, and is helping increase the level of sharī'ah compliance of marketplace gamers. The authors aspect the interior, exterior, and institutional preparations had to advertise liable sharī'ah governance, and seriously research present legislation, rules, and practices at the subject. The chapters of the ebook do the following:
- Examine the roots, features and goals of sharī'ah and its relation to monetary dealings;
- Probe the position of regulators in sharī'ah governance, discover the several methods followed by way of banking supervisors, and supply examples of appropriate criminal and regulatory measures;
- Explain to financial institution administrators and administration the fiduciary accountability they imagine with recognize to sharī'ah compliance, and element how they can discharge this accountability in keeping with most sensible practices;
- Elaborate at the objective of the Sharī'ah Supervisory Board (SSB), its tasks, competence standards, inner laws, and key governance directions; also, they discover diversified SSB models;
- Describe the interior sharī'ah regulate approach together with its six elements, and think about the inner sharī'ah audit functionality in addition to diverse phases of undertaking a sharī'ah audit;
- Clarify the function of a sharī'ah auditor, with suggestions on reporting traces, scope of tasks, authority, and sensible methods on gratifying initiatives, equivalent to a pattern sharī'ah threat review grid and audit checklists;
- Discuss the newly rising exterior sharī'ah advisory companies which are anticipated to play a key function within the coming years and the prone they provide.
Through an efficient therapy of every of those components, and how that they have interaction with each other, the ebook deals a clean tackle how powerful sharī'ah governance of Islamic banks might be effectively finished. it's a entire source for teachers, regulators, administrators, attorneys, auditors, experts, staff, and consumers of Islamic banks drawn to studying extra approximately those demanding situations. This crucial studying persuasively extends the discourse at the topic and addresses severe sharī'ah matters that experience coverage implications for selection makers in jurisdictions aiming to draw the fast-growing Islamic finance or raise their marketplace share.
Read Online or Download Foundations of Shari'ah Governance of Islamic Banks (The Wiley Finance Series) PDF
Similar Banks Banking books
How over the top threat Destroyed Lehman and approximately introduced Down the monetary undefined “Uncontrolled chance will ruffle feathers―and for stable reason―as citizens and legislators examine the diffi cult classes of Lehman’s cave in and insist that we always remember them. ” Dr. David C. Shimko, Board of Trustees, international organization of hazard pros “Uncontrolled probability is a drama as gripping as any paintings of fiction.
Its high-level point of view at the international economic system differentiates this advent to foreign finance from different textbooks. Melvin and Norrbin supply crucial details when you search employment in multinational industries, whereas opponents concentration on standard financial instruments and fiscal administration abilities.
Utilizing a framework of unstable markets rising industry financial institution Lending and credits danger keep watch over covers the theoretical and useful foundations of up to date credits possibility with implications for financial institution administration. Drawing an instantaneous connection among chance and its results on credits research and judgements, the booklet discusses how credits hazard may be thoroughly expected and its impression mitigated inside of framework of sound credits tradition and procedure based on the Basel Accords.
For all undergraduate and graduate scholars of economic Markets. This name can also be appropriate for all readers drawn to monetary markets and associations. a realistic and present investigate today’s monetary markets and associations. In monetary Markets and associations , bestselling authors Frederic S.
Additional info for Foundations of Shari'ah Governance of Islamic Banks (The Wiley Finance Series)